View Single Post
      06-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #43
Tuesday
Frequent Flyer
Rep
Drives: 535LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Is the soft close doors really worth it? I have the chance to order my f10 with it but debating if i want it. Another item that could fail over time and not sure if I would miss the solid thump you get from closing a nice solid german machine. Are the f10 doors really aluminum and harder to close? Do they not have the same solid thump when you close the door like older BMWs?

Thanks
Alan
Good question - but these cars are so amazingly complex that I can assure you there are at least 20 different modules and/or features that will go out long before the soft close door modules. I actually had to chuckle a little at your concern because in a modern BMW there are about 5 'items that could fail over time' per square foot, lol. Even the steering column has its own computer (SZL), and it definitely will fail you if you keep your car long enough.

As far as needing these things, you'll be fine without them - but they are nice to have and were fun to install. I am honestly not sure what they cost to order from the factory - but they do make a big difference because the F10 doors do close differently than older BMW's.
Appreciate 0