BMW released an update to BMW Connected
today for iPhones and vehicles that support BMW Apps.
This is a rundown of the new changes....
– ECO PRO Analyser
(only in conjunction with the new Professional generation of navigation systems, available in selected models from July 2012):
This driving style analyser evaluates the efficiency of acceleration, braking, and gear shifting for the maximum range.
Driving style efficiency is enhanced in addition with helpful ECO tips
– Wiki Local
(now also available outside of the vehicle):
Wiki Local is the ideal travelling companion.
Browse through Wikipedia articles about the places and sights near you. You can even have them read out to you.
Now you can use your iPhone on the road as well to view the matches and your favourites together with their Wikipedia articles.
As well as many other useful functions:
- News (RSS feeds both inside and outside of the vehicle)
- Web radio (RSS feeds both inside and outside of the vehicle)
- Calendar (view entries in the vehicle, and have them read out to you)
- Twitter/Facebook (view status messages in the vehicle, and have them read out to you)
- Last Mile Navigation & Vehicle Finder (destinations and the vehicle’s geometric data transferred to your iPhone)
Some screen shots from my e9X.
It should be noted that Calendar can now be accessd from the "Office" menu next to messages where it should be.