Topdwnz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP DCT Alpine White

Garage List
2022 BMW X3 M40  [0.00]
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Interesting. I own a 2012 535i M Sport (not X drive) and compared it directly to the Audi A6 Prestige with all the toys including 20" rims and summer performance tires. The 550 vs the S6 is not too far off the same comparison. I also own an Audi Q5 which I had in for service and the dealer loaned me a fully loaded A6 prestige, exactly the way I would have ordered it. After driving the Audi for about 5 days, I could not wait to get back in my BMW 5 series. IMO, the BMW is far more sporty than the Audi, in fact, no comparison. There is a feel you just do not get riding in the Audi vs the BMW. The Bimmer feels so much more substantial. I do think the Audi had a little better performance, but there are other factors besides that based on what you have said. Audi does seem to go a bit more overboard with electronics. In some cases, that may be better depending what you are looking for. At some point, I just want to drive my car, not try and figure out how to work the electronics. Don't get me wrong, I love all the toys, but I was more interested in the drive. They don't call it the "ultimate driving machine" for nothing. Lastly was the seating. Hands down the Bimmer M Sport seats are the best. There is no contest. Audi ranks a "B", but BMW is an "A+" in that category. The most comfortable seat I have ever sat in.

Best of luck. Two great cars. I'm sure you will be happy with whatever you buy.
Appreciate 0