View Single Post
      07-31-2012, 06:35 AM   #6
335NYC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 XDrive and 550IX M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
^^ makes sense to me. Why else would they do it if you are guaranteed back all the money regardless.

My dealer told me MSD isn't even offered for NY residents.

Your dealer is correct... New York does not allow the MSD's but you can go to an out of state dealer to take advantage of it. I live in NY but just got my car from a NJ dealer so I could use the MSD program. The best way to think about MSD's in my opinion is comparing it to purchasing a bond. You are giving BMW a lump sum of money for a period of time. Your return on investment is the amount of money you save each month by the lower interest rate that BMW leases the car out to you for. Now whether that return on investment makes sense is completely on an individual basis. I do not believe there is any risk in BMW defaulting on this "bond" so your money is safe. The concept of them deducting from the MSD's if you bring the car back damaged is moot. With or without the MSD's if you bring back a damaged car you have to pay to get it fixed. Just my 2 cents or in this case a hell of a lot more since I opted for the max of 7 security deposits.
Appreciate 0