Originally Posted by ulo_in_sweden
BMW has recently released a new version for ConnectedDrive version 1006. Last night I upgraded my car (F10 525d 2011) and made a shot with Ios6 beta 4. No improvements for emails or messages I am afraid, but one change for the worst! Sender Unknown is back again.
Short summary of what is still not working:
1. Emails dont get pushed over from Iphone to Idrive unless you completely shut down the email app on Iphone and restart it again (or change number of shown messages in Notifications)
2. Emails still show up as messages instead of emails on Idrive
3. Sender Unknown on messages and emails
4. A read message or email on Idrive is not always marked as read (opened envelop)
This is getting embarrassing. How hard can it be to get this basic function working?
We are still talking about a not very sophisticated implementation of this function. Compared to what BMW and BlackBerry is performing, the things Apple is struggling to get working is stone age in my opinion.
This is what I am dreaming of:
- You slip in to your nice BMW with your Iphone in your pocket
- On the Idrive display, you get your calendar, emails, messages, contacts and todo:s
- Concerning messages and emails: you also get the existing messages on the phone displayed, not only the ones received after connecting to Idrive. How many of the last received messages that are displayed on the Idrive screen is of course set by the user in the phone settings
- You can now go through and catch up on all your emails and text messages that you havent had time to read before
But of course, this is a utopia and probably will be for a very long time I am afraid.
This is why BMW needs a centralized technical support line. The dealers don't have time to sort this out.
We should be able to get help directly from BMW. And report problems and open trouble tickets.
BMW probably has no idea the bloody thing doesn't work.