04-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #20
dmetuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Frozen Grey M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
Yes you do live and learn and with this upgrade it will be interesting how close the car will come to an M5 or if it will even exceed it in some areas. Yeah as a former M car owner I know that is blastphemy! LOL

Glad to hear that and wish others would do the research on upgrading these cars. Its not a cheap business and you do get what you pay for in terms of engine life and issues. Nobody wants a cheap ECU and engine performance that will cost them in the long term IF they keep the car. However to those who trade or keep their cars under 2-3 yrs then it may be a different story.

But out of all available Dinan does offer the best out there I think in terms of R&D, research, ease of finding an installer (most states have at least 1-2 shops) and warranty of course. So far I've not had to use one but I haven't heard too many stories from those that did which made me cringe or gave me second thought nor have I heard a litany of horror stories about engines exploding post Dinan upgrade or suspensions or parts failing. At the price of BMW repairs these days it does provide some owners/driver that extra piece of mind that can be the deciding factor.

But to each his own...after all everyone's finances and tolerances are different. however thanks for your post..would be interested to hear from others with experiences such as yours as they go thru these and any upgrades to their cars.
coming from an '10 e60 M5, I still like my '11 F10 550i xDrive with Dinan S3 and the ability to safely drive the car in any weather condition since I live in upstate New York and we get alot of snow. The F10 550i xDrive is one the best AWD cars that I have driven as it rips through the snow, rain and launches like a bad out of hell on a 1/4mile track pulling 0-60ft times of 1.7s and 1/4mile at 12.4s. Cant beat that with a stick in my opinion...
Appreciate 0