View Single Post
      06-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #15
COBodom
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzoballz View Post
Yesterday, I was turning left onto a highway and had to cross over the oncoming lane. When I saw an opportunity to turn I hit the gas and NOTHING happened. My car rolled into the lane and sat there for about a 4 second delay. I had the pedal to the floor. The same thing happened today in a parking lot. Both incidents happened within a minute of turning on the car. I seem to remember a thread about throttle delay. Any thoughts?

I would like to say it was more of an ASS hiccup than a throttle delay, but its sounds like you were waiting there with the left blinker ticking then accelerated and the car just did nothing but sluggishly rolled into the middle of the lane. That makes me think that ASS did its job and switched the engine on and "released" the steering, but for some reason the car hesitated for a moment. Not sure....

Wonder how the tach gauge behaved ? Was it flat for the ~4 secs (understand it might be difficult to recall)?

I just typically turn ASS off in situations like that simply by lifting the foot off the break. Not necessarily to accelerate faster, but it just annoys me when I have zero control over the steering when I need to make an immediate turn from a stand still (wheel locks when engine shuts).

For the record, I am yet to experience this.