View Single Post
      11-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #5
xs2man
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F11 530d M-Sport

Lovely looking motor. I do like the CB, the blue in there comes out really well. I was just about to order mine in the same colour, but I have optioned black motors before, and then when I get them, see a nice grey and wonder if I should have done that. Not this time, lol.

The MFD is awesome. Worth every penny. Can't believe I just about didn't bother. It REALLY helps make the car IMO. Wouldn't want another without it now.

As for the coding, I'm not sure what set-up you need for remote coding? Presumably it's done with a remote desktop connection, but you will presumably still need the software / cable. I have the cable (from my E91), but never bothered even downloading the software yet. Might get my geek on and look into it though. Will speak to Makaan over on the E90 forum first though. He seems to be the resident coding genius over there, so see how much he charges for remote, as that could be the initial lesson as far as I'm concerned, so I can see how to do it without bricking my motor, lol.

As for what I want done, all of this, lol:

- Automatic Parking Brake Release (Some 2011-12 cars)
- Auto Start-Stop function to start as last used
- Disable iDrive legal disclaimer
- Disable seat belt status display – driver and pax
- Disable seat belt reminder – driver and pax
- Disable sound on disconnect SB – driver and pax
- Display digital speed in instrument cluster (bottom center in basic, bottom of Speedo in Extended and Multi-Function)
- Enable DVD in motion
- Enable current position (GPS and Street Name) menu item (Navigation Display => options)
- Enable key fob and driver side door handle to close the trunk (requires Convenient Access) - (Will have to see what I can do with this as no CA on my car).
- Enable key fob and driver side door handle to fold mirrors* and close windows and moon roof
* To change mirror fold delay
- Enable Pressure and Temperature Readings to the TPMS Screen (dunno if this work without the sensors, I guess not)
- Enable Sports Display (Power* & Torque* Meters) in the Vehicle Info screen.
(For N55 only. For N63 cars the gauges appear, but do not function) (Dunno about this on a diesel)
- Enable video playback via USB Port and with various video formats
- Halos full brightness even when headlights are on
- Opening doors will not interrupt window roll up (Front and Back)
- Rear view camera always available
- Splash animation on the iDrive screen upon system load: Variant1 = M logo, Variant7 = White BMW logo, Variant8 = Brown bmw logo (same as HU_CIC), Variant9 = Merry Xmas
(Not sure about this yet either)

Appreciate 0