01-05-2014, 01:30 PM   #8
pillpusher84
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550xi M-Sport Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by armanm View Post
Lighting package: How do the leds look in person and is that something I can live without?
Absolutely a must in my opinion ... much brighter, crisper/sharper, and defined versus the HIDs.

Quote:
Luxury Seating package: I feel this might be a waste because I can live without the 20 way power seats. Have any of you found the active front seats or the front ventilated seats useful in this package?
Ventilated seats are a must in humid spring/summer weather ... active seats are weird and I never use them ... bought the package for the ventilation solely. IMHO ... I could not live without Multi-Contour seats ... so if its down to standard/multi-contour/ZLS ... i would atleast go for the multi-contour.

Quote:
and lastly the ceramic controls, again I can live without it but at the price it seems like a huge deal.
Definately nothing other than cosmetic value ... however I personally have them and feel it looks nicer than the silver. FYI ... forum member has a SAT shifter with Ceramic controls for $450 in the classifieds.

Quote:
Aside from these concerns I have another concern, and this is a big one.
I've been looking into the 535D given that its a diesel and which is more fuel efficient and is only $1k or so above the price of the 535i what would I be better off with. I heard the torque curves are amazing, but will it depreciate faster because I am thinking of keeping the vehicle in the long run for atleast 5 years or so.
Break-Even on the $1500 upcharge for the diesel at today's fuel prices is 3.25 years. Therefore it will pay-off for you as you plan to keep it for 5 years. Also everyday performance and fuel economy will be increased over 535i.
Appreciate 0