06-17-2014, 08:09 PM   #187
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigK View Post
I may have misunderstood, if so, apologies. I’m just tired of people bashing entry level models (328i, 528i etc.), making them sound like POS where in fact these cars have very little difference to their bigger engine brothers. I’m not sure if they know that there’re a lot of people on the forum own entry level models and that’s a huge disrespect.

It’s ok that you like bigger engines, more power to you. But you don’t have to go around and bashing others’ cars. Would it be justified if I come on here and call all BMW’s regardless of engine sizes POS if I own a V12 Bentley? Respect is mutual, nobody cares what car you drive, just enjoy it without bashing others’.

My frustration isn’t towards you Ezmaass, just speaking in general.
I hear you. Like I said, I owned and loved a 325i (the most entry of entry level models at the time in the US) for 6.5 years. I don't want to speak for Stealth, but I sensed a bit of jest in his post - but also a bit of truth in it. I don't think he meant any disrespect towards any entry level owners... but I think he was being realistic, in part, by suggesting that SOME (clearly a subset, and probably a small minority) of the folks who debadge their cars do so to "hide" the fact that it's a smaller engine... and at the same time do things like slap on quad exhausts, M badges, and the whole nine yards. So, it's a fine line between showing respect and also peppering in some truth.

That said, all of us F10 guys are brethren here, so let's sing Kumbaya and be happy we get to own such marvelous vehicles!
Appreciate 1