View Single Post
      06-21-2014, 11:32 PM   #8
STORM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i Space Gray/Black

Most important part of the process, especially on a super dirty car is use 2 buckets, one with an insert in the bottom. You have one bucket to clean your mitt with after washing a panel, scrub the mitt on the insert so all the sand, dirt and particles settle in the bottom. Then put your mitt in the clean soapy bucket before starting another section. This costs you an extra 5 gallon bucket and the bucket insert. With a car with as much build up as yours you want to use a good pre wash soak, rinse, and then proceed with the above process. Have had a few black cars, and this method I learned from Mike at Auto Geek has served me the best. Be sure to examine the material left in the bottom of your "dirty" water and you'll be glad you didn't rub your paint with a dirty mitt. There are videos on the Auto Geek website that cover just about any scenario you may encounter, and their products and prices are the best I've found. For car was soap, I have used the cheap stuff, but the pinnacle wash only requires one capful, it seems to lasts forever. Bite the bullet, spend a few hundred bucks for good microfiber towels, and the laundry soap especially for microfiber towels. Auto geek sells awesome drying towels, they're green, and they last for years if you take care of them.

I use an old entertainment center I bought off craigslist with 2 doors up top, and 3 drawers, I keep all my stuff in that, it works great and is out of sight. Defiantly invest in a quality wheel wax and tire gel, you apply with a sponge.

Most importantly, was your rags with the microfiber soap, otherwise they are never the same...