View Single Post
      07-05-2014, 01:15 AM   #22
SonicEndeavor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnoah View Post
. Sure you can put racing coil overs on the F10 and get M5 sway bars to tighten up the suspension to track-ready specs (you can read on this forum that hundreds of people are doing this as a "must-have" mod). But you end up stuck with a track-ready car that is unbelievably stiff at all times. Take it on a road trip and you'll be exhausted. Go over a speed bump, and you'll scrape your under carriage.
There's a bit of misinformation here.
F10 owners typically install street coilovers not race coilovers on their cars. A good set of street coilovers like KW V3's are highly adjustable for both compression and rebound to customize the driving experience to each owners needs. They are quite comfortable while providing superior performance, and not at all "unbelievably stiff" unless the owner sets them to the stiffest setting (which no one does except for track days, then they set them back once on the street). They are height adjustable and will not cause any scraping over speed bumps unless the owner drops the car really low.
Quality coilovers are a great option for the F10, and preferred by many including myself over a computer controlled active suspension, but each driver has their personal preferences.