View Single Post
      01-29-2015, 10:18 AM   #13
Grover432
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 535 XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin mustang View Post
A- It is to be mounted on the back seat head rest facing forward, not on my or passenger front seat back rest facing back ward!

B- Because it is the back seat head rest the mount for IPad have more manoeuvre when trying to angle the screen to a lower angle, not possible with the DVD system designed for the font seat head rest only!

C – Our 1st generation iPads still have an amazing battery life for video, so no need for power cables stretching from the top of the back seat head rest to the power connection between the 2 front seats!

I agree the price is quite high for I am trying to do, hence tying to see if further feedback to back up the price or not! I guess it is for a 1st generation iPad hence not a lot of options in the market!
OK, I see what you are trying to do now. Didn't look that way from the supplied picture.

Not to lecture, but I see couple of problems. If the iPad isn't secure and you get rear ended, have you considered where the iPad might end up? Possibly in your 7 month old's face. Secondly, does a 7 month old really need to be entertained by video while riding in the car?

We may be in the minority but we followed the American Paediatric Society recommendations of no video before age 2. In fact our kids watch about 4 hours a week (on weekends only) and my 8 year old now reads about 500 - 600 pages of books a week - at the top of her class. Our 5 year old son listens to books being read to him but hasn't started to read yet.

Video and video games are good too I guess, just not according to the experts.