04-14-2015, 09:16 PM   #23
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewM3driver View Post
BMW's are about the best straight 6 engines built in the world.....Funny how when you start to push the 535 in sport plus how much the car seems to shrink around you. There is a LOT of untapped potential in day to day driving.
Fully agree, I commented on this several times. With sport or DHP suspension, finding handling limits of this car takes lots of skill and guts. Even with base suspension, most daily drivers will "run out of talent" before they reach the limit , though standard suspension will ride a bit softer.

You can accelerate through corners with no drama whatsoever. This initially takes some getting used to as you can pick up quite a bit of speed without realizing you're going very fast (once you check your actual speed). Few of my close friends commented on this as they test drove the car "we're going - how fast - ha, I wouldn't have guessed?" type of comment.

I'm also in agreement that 6cyl/RWD seems to have the best handling balance of the bunch, simply addictive to push through the corners.
Appreciate 0