View Single Post
      06-24-2015, 12:42 AM   #28
jordinho
Rep
Drives: bmw 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.King View Post
What I hate about realoem.com, is that there are no pictures or proper diagrams for the part, so not really helpful to go looking up a part number. Therefore there is no way to see a visual difference between any LED Module? It's also the reason why I asked you about 61138377072 (plug housing), but I have no clue (1) what this is, (2) what it is used for, or (3) if I need it for this install? It was on 'livefour2day' original post, but I've no clue what it is?

I am also thinking about ordering an extra 2 x fibre optics & LEDs and putting them in the footwells to extend the Ambient Lighting a little??
You stirred me into upgrading my ambient light as well. Last year i did my right side and for the left part i had no more time and parts. Now i will order the parts again and continue with left side ...
Think about upgrading your speakers into front doors panels(if you have the basic system). It is a good opportunity since you take out your panel.
Remember ... a lot of duct tape will be required to make things neatly.
Yes , you're right, realOEM is not too helpful but can give you the guidance.
Order the ones that are available you will figure out how to install them , i have no doubt. The main and most important thing is that the light (LED) is touching straight at the end of fiber optic. Few mm deviation will not light up your fiber optic very well. And when you secure everything all the parts should sit firmly on the panel.
Order 63319213415 they will work just fine. After 2 hours of work for removing panels and arranging your tools will arrive the moment you'll see the LED light up. That will be a major boost for the rest of your work.

I also don't know what is "2 polig and it should be 3 polig" . But i used it and it works. keep the faith.

Plug housings i didn't order as well but were not required. The part nos givel by live4today , as you can see, ar not very accurate.
Appreciate 0