View Single Post
      08-25-2015, 09:45 PM   #56
SonicEndeavor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXRAGHAVXx View Post
Hi, I have 2013 535i x-drive m sport, with SAT (paddle shifters). Launch control doesnt seem to be working for me as the flag does not show when 1. I drive the car for 30 minutes until its all warmed up, 2. put the car in sport+, 3. put the shifter to the left so its in S, 4. press and hold brake, 5. press the gas past the kickdown. I will try to see if i can code it through EGS module. Will update you guys tomorrow. PS: how does launch control/brake method affect the car in terms of reliability? I plan on keeping my car for a while and dont want to damage the mechanics. Ignore the troll
Launch control was introduced with the LCI in 2014 so as far as I know you won't be able to get it to work without updating your software - flash EGS to at least 51.0 firmware, but that can lead to incompatibilities.
Here's a thread that might help, although I don't think anyone has been able to get it to work.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=796189
As far as damage, BMW states to limit the usage by making sure to give the powertain time to cool down between launches, which raises concerns for me about longevity. I never saw any confirmation as to whether the torque converter was beefed up starting in 2014 in order to handle LC.