12-25-2015, 12:33 AM   #1
twinPWRbimmer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Comp. Pkg

Bavsound 8" underseat woofers

Hello all,

Since there isn't a dedicated thread on the Bavsound 8" underseat woofer, I thought I'd start one.

Install is straight forward, the most difficult part of the install was removing the plastic pieces on the rails of the seats. Aside from that, it was 4 bolts to lift the seat. You're going to need a T50 tip which was NOT supplied in the Bavsound took kit. Using a T20, remove 4 screws to remove the grill, then 4 screws to remove the speaker. Unplug the harness, Pry the speaker from the housing. I chose to leave the housing in as it was too hard to apply the weather seal. Use the weather seal to line the housing, place the new speaker in and do everything in the reverse order. Unfortunately I do not have the torque specs for the seats, but I made sure the seat was even and tight. Install on both sides took about 1.5hrs

Overall impressions, woofers do have a little more punch. I am still in the break-in period, so I'm sure they'll hit deeper/harder as they get more use. I used spotify to stream at the highest quality as your "source" plays in important factor in the quality of the music. If you're just playing the radio, expect very little improvement. Current settings are full Treble and 3/4 Bass. Mid-bass is definitely more pronounced, at high volumes, they do not rattle or distort, and I can actually feel the vibrations from under the seat. Something I've never felt with the factory woofers.

Pro's:
1) Completes the Bavsound package if you have stage 1
2) Good upgrade if you're looking for more umpf without annoying your neighbors
3) Simple straight-forward, PnP install
4) More pronounced bass, noticeable when streaming high quality music
5) Quality of the woofers are beyond the factory ones in terms of build

Con's:
1) Did not include weather seal, purchased from Home Depot for $6
2) T50 attachment was not included in the Bavsound tool kit
3) Bavsound did not include the torque specs for the seats
4) Where's my $15 Amazon gift card?

Overall, I am happy with the purchase ($400 intro price) and can't wait to break them in for some good music. Questions, comments? Leave them below.
CURRENT: 2016 M3 Competition Package | Mineral White/Full SO | Executive Package | Driver Assist+ | Lighting Package | Parking Assist | Enhanced B/T | Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps | Stainless Steel Pedals | XPEL Ultimate
PAST: '13 BMW 535i, '13 Lexus RX350, '08 Lexus IS250, '06 Lexus IS350, '03 Lexus IS300, '99 Civic Si

Last edited by twinPWRbimmer; 12-25-2015 at 12:36 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 4
Kyngofpop676.00
John H.230.00