View Single Post
      03-29-2016, 11:41 PM   #10
SLVSRFR
Captain
Guam
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

I personally didn't want to bother with any turbo upgrade on my N63 simply for the fact that there is no actual tune available.

No point in adding more air if you can't control it, that's pretty much the bottom line. BMS gets the job done in stock form but it's in no way a 'tune' but a workaround. From what I understand from Terry@BMS is that how the N63 piggyback works is, in the boost on S2 is only going to retard the timing more and cause the computer to make adjustments. Being that the engine/components work more than they actually need to because it's compensating for what is supposedly being 'loss' since it tricks the ECU into thinking it's being 'under-boosted.'

On top of that, I would not run Torco daily. You're better off doing a 40% E85 mix, it's cheaper too.

It's been proven that Torco or any Octane booster has negative effects (research all over the net) while there are no facts regarding E85 usage as long as it doesn't sit in the tank for a long time but that's the same with any fuel.

Last edited by SLVSRFR; 03-30-2016 at 07:10 AM..
Appreciate 1