View Single Post
      04-03-2016, 07:37 AM   #5
F36 435d
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Individual Speed Yellow 435d M

Yes it does, I have done lots of research on the gearbox. The gearbox has a limit of 700nm. Obviously the more power you put through it, the more strain it will have. If you put 705nm through it, it isnt going to break. 700nm is what the gearbox Manufacture (ZF) claim as the safe limit. There is a margin over 700nm what the gearbox is capable of taking. There are many remapped Bmws exceeding the 700nm limit. At around 800nm or even more and they have covered many of miles and never had any problems. In day to day normal driving back and forward to work I dont use all the power the car has and it probably wont exceed 700nm anyway so the full amount of power is not being used every time i drive the car. I also do not Launch the car and i always make sure the car is warmed up fully before it is driven hard. I also plan to service the gearbox and 40,000 miles, (Currently at 26,500 miles) I never use the car round tracks or for drag racing etc... So i do have confidence that the gearbox should be good for a long while.
Appreciate 0