View Single Post
      09-14-2016, 02:59 PM   #29
Mansory 21
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW 550XI F10 2011

Hello,

Like all the other guys here, having problems with the N63 engine, it seems that it is my turn.

Unlike US cars and BMW NA, in Europe , we dont have the CCP. I had done only a recall for high pressure fuel pumps.

The first problems with the car where that it did not cool down. I could drive it only for 2-3 minutes, and then the air cons was shutting donw, and the car was not pulling anymore.

Took off the radiators, separate them and clean them individually. There was a lot of dirt between them, and the air was not getting through to the las one, wich is the coolant radiator.

Replaced 2 electrical water pumps. one for the intercoolers and one for the cooling sistem. the mecanical water pump, remained untouched.

All good, the car was running perfectly. After a while, the engine start was taking too long than normal. also there was an issue with the starter. Replaced that with new and original starter.

I also replaced the spark plugs. Bosch equivalent, not BMW original ( although they are also Bosh, but somehow minor differences ).

All good again. After another while, the car was starting to throw black smoke, and drive train error. But somehow, i could anticipate it: it started to run in shocks, like it would be overcoming some obstacle. After 3 shoks like this, the CEL appears and the drive train error , alltoghether.

First diagnose, misfire on cilinder 2, lambda probe bank 1 faulty. Erase error, drive it again, again error. after some internet reading, decided to replace all 8 injectors and lambda probe.

All good, car was running flawlessly for 100km. Then, misfire on cylinder 3 and 5. erased erors, drove it again, and instantly missfire. cilinder 2. then decide to switch the spark plugs between 1 and 2. Instantly , erorr moved to 1st clilinder. I said ok, let's change the sparkplugs again, with original ones. Done that, same errors. It varies from 1 to 4 cylinder.

reprogrammed the DME. reprogrammed the whole car. switched all coils between them. all good, the error remains the same.

today i took off the turbo on bank 1 to check the exhaust baldes and catalist. all good. Compression ok.

the car is 2011 and 69.000 km, 43,125miles. Russian car. ordered for Russian market.

at this point i dont know what to do next. the SA told me that he spotted some coolant between the turbos. i dont know where it camed from. It was not much..

What do you think ? because i dont know what to do next.. where to look ? Vanos ? Head gasket ? Now all the errors are only on bank 1. passenger side....

thank you
Gone:BMW F10 2013 528i - stock
Gone:Porsche Cayenne S 2008, 957, 4.8i , Meteor Grey
Appreciate 0