01-21-2017, 02:22 PM   #31
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by calderaedgar29 View Post
If you are already thinking this ended how a lot of peoples has you would be correct. Catastrophic damage.

Pt.1: It all started 26 miles after leaving the dealer from a brake fluid service. While at the dealer getting my car serviced i expressed my concern to my SA about the CCP on the car and if it had been performed, he told me that it had been done at 40,xxx. We stayed on the topic for a while and i told him that my only fear of owning the car was the injector/timing chain issues... Just so happens that after i pick up my car and 26 miles later that exact issue occurs. Go figure, right?

Background on the car: The chain had to of stretched between 46,xxx and 59,xxx. How do i know this? A CPO inspection was done to issue a CPO warranty on the car at 46,xxx to the previous owner and it was issued. (Either they didn't inspect much and the chain was already stretched at 46,xxx or it actually did stretch within those 13,xxx miles). I purchased the car at 55,xxx with warranty.

Pt.2:The initial diagnostic was that the chain had stretched and caused a tensioner to fail. New chain & tensioners = $8K repair

3 weeks later...

Upon further inspection they found that a piece of the plastic tensioner had ended up dislodging an oil spraying nozzle on the bottom end of the motor from its threads and the engine is a total loss. (Makes no sense, how does a piece of plastic rip a metal nozzle of out its threads within seconds of driving) At this point i'm furious that it took them 3 weeks to "free" and engine stand and tell me i need a new long block. New long block = $14k repair.

CNA decides to be cheap and only wants to pay for a used long block from a 2013 with 35,xxx miles which put the repair bill at $13k. They gave me the option to pay the difference, i declined. (If they want to be cheap and risk this happening again thats their fault)

Pt.3: The dealer has dragged their feet throughout this process and after 2 weeks of them receiving the used motor and constant delays the day finally comes that its suppose to be ready. (A week after the original day it was suppose to be ready) I arrive at the dealer and they tell me: "the car is ready but we haven't had a chance to do an "extensive" driving test of 50+ miles and that its protocol after a large repair". (So its not ready... but ok...) I leave it over night and the next day i pick it up and as i get in the car i notice the trip had started 38 mins prior to me picking it up and was only driven 20 miles. (completely lied to my face). At this point i dont care and i'm happy to have my car.

Guess what? At exactly 52 miles i get a drivetrain malfunction and reduced engine power... (I'm livid at this point and could've ran through a wall.) I finally get the director of all the "superior automotive" service centers involved and explain the lies and delays by his BMW service center. He ends up giving me $100 gift card and full detail inside/outside. The new issue was a camshaft sensor that was bad on the used motor but was not billed to me or CNA due to the fact that the service center blatantly lied about the extensive driving test they did not do.

I attached 2 pictures, one is of the new long block and the other is "the old one". The oil nozzle that failed sits directly below the crankshaft from that picture angle. Essentially it is the heart... No oil spray/circulation, bye bye engine.

After about 3 months i was finally back on the road. To date i'm at 1500 miles without any issues. CNA paid for repairs and i paid my $200 deductible. I cant stress enough, if you buy this car buy a warranty. ($4400, 3 years/36,000 miles, it already paid for itself)

As far as my dealer, i trust them as far as i can throw them.

I am in process of getting warranty on my 550 I was quoted $3400 and 50k miles
$200 deductible
I wonder why is warranty on your 550 so much more
also I was told bumper to bumper