View Single Post
      02-22-2017, 07:07 PM   #7
mhassler
Rep
Drives: 2013 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj1013 View Post
Factory tire size should be 245/40/19 not 245/45/19. Not sure if that was a typo, but make sure you are comparing to the correct factory size.
Yeah, that was a typo -- good catch. I had the tire diameter correct though, 26.7". I edited the original post.

Thanks for the rest of the feedback on pricing and such. I'm still looking but I'm not finding a lot of reputable shops in the area.

The weathers getting better here so I may just do it myself in my driveway or do it at the auto shop on the military base where I work, they have lifts and all the specialty tools. I think it's $8/hr to use.

Thought about buying new TPMS for the new VMRs and doing a summer / winter setup with the factory 19s but we have nights below 40-deg through April and as early as Sep and I head into work early in the AM so I'd only have the summer wheels on for a few months. And I hated removing and reinstalling the hardtop on my Wrangler each spring/winter so I imagine I'll feel the same way about swapping wheels.

As far as staggered setup on AWD... thought the concern had to do with maintaining tire diameters for the revs per minute. Didn't think the tire width had an impact but good point and I'll keep researching.