View Single Post
      05-01-2017, 03:20 PM   #1
The_M6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quick Run vs Modded E60 M5

Heading to a dentist appt this morning when I spotted a modded, and very loud E60 M5 dipping through traffic behind me. It was clear he was trying to get behind me or and when he did, he was revving the hell out of his engine at the light.

I test drove an E60 M5 before purchasing my F10 550i so I know what the car is capable of and I have to say, that exhaust note is nothing short of glorious. I'm too old for street racing and we were in traffic but when it let up I rang 2nd gear out a little and pulled away pretty easily and I giggled knowing one of the downfalls of the E60 M5 is the lack of low end torque.

Like I said, it wasn't a race and there were a few opportunities for him to pass but he didn't and when I came up on my right turn I hoped he'd follow so we could chat for a minute but he kept going, presumably at 6000 rpm or so!

I'm glad I bought what I did, no regrets but damn, that V-10, with all its shortcomings and flaws sounds heavenly!