Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico2014 View Post
Hi everyone,

Having driven my car (520d SE 2010 - automatic gearbox) for the past 2 and half months, I noticed that there seems to be no information available on the dashboard to tell me what is the current gear number when I am driving in normal or sport automatic Driving mode Unless, I use the paddle shifts or the manual gear shifts.

It would be nice to know at what gear it is engaged like 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. I used to drive Mercedes cars in the past few years, and with Merc, you do get to see this info even if you are driving in full automatic mode...

Is there a way to see the gear number when driving on auto? Am I missing something?

Thank you for your help.
Nick
You can do this through coding. I've had it on my 205 transmission 535xi before, but don't have it coded right now. When coded to enable, you'll see S1, S2, S3 in DS mode.

There may be some variation depending on some other options in your car (such as whether you have the Comfort/Sport rocker switch) but some have obtained the S1,2,3 behaviour by replacing 205 with 2TB in the FA and coding to EGS, EWS, KOMBI and ICM.

Others have had to add EGS / 3000 Applikation / Sportschalter_alt (Not just Sportschalter) = aktiv / Werte=01

If you don't know what any of this means, start reading up on coding or find someone to code for you
Appreciate 0