View Single Post
      08-05-2018, 01:37 PM   #12
MILO GR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i8 Coupe - Crayon Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp123 View Post
Glad to here you will be visiting here more often.

As I wrote on another thread re Timing chains, I'm having the mindset of the old Ferrari 348 owners who were scared to drive the car frequently especially hard in case they popped the engine. - I have been scared to put the car to good use and long journeys incase the timing chain went and need to be towed. - after reading your last two post it has inspired me now to actually use the and your driving 300-400 miles with confidence and I need to do the same. Thank u for this!

Ps just out of curiosity how was the rs4 to own

And are you doing the trip in the 5 because of the hauling capacity of it? Bikes, roof rack and boot space etc.

Sp
Get it used pal!!

I had a 997 Porsche that after 50k went pop. The IMS Bearing went, it was 7 years old. I phoned Porsche has it had a FSH and they said, '50k, yup, thats normal'.... £13k full rebuild later and I lost all love and faith for the car. That was fragile, these units are definately not. I have a pal who owns a very large nationwide recovery company, he drives a Merc E220 with 320k on it, and it has never let him down, he says to me that he picks up over 40 Range Rovers or Discoverys per BMW or Merc he recovers. There is a reason we buy these, they are very strong and build quality is strong.

RS4... it was a 2015 that I got for my 40th. It was nice but dull. Fast in a straight line but it didn't get the adrenaline going like both of my M4's have. The tech was pants inside too......

As an aside.... I came back to my new M4 ZCP after a 2016 Range Rover Sport Autobiography. LR bought it back after I had total brake failure twice, once in the fast lane going a little swiftly. I managed not to crash it, just, but I did soil my seat! After being told by the dealer and JLR CS that I must have imagined it.... I instructed a lawyer and they bought it back at full cost. I will never buy a JLR product for the rest of my days. Shame. Look awesome but are poorly made.

Untitled

MAIN pic

M4 Ellenborough PK april16

Rs4 black April 2nd