Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by marclind View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by addy27 View Post
By Connectors I really mean both pins AND connectors IF you are creating your own harness. Else you only need the correct pins, some for behind the the fuse boxes, and the others for plugging into open locations on the modules. There is a thread on the M5 forum by "dima" who has successfully done this on an LCI M5 which details how he made the connections. I have pre LCI so I need more connections to be switched at the headlights, hence I opted for adding a new harness

https://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1491367
addy27, this is the most usefull info anyone has ever given me in this forum. You are a real hero
Glad to be of help, feel free to ask more questions. I will try to fully install the new harness this weekend. It's in the car already meaning going from fuse box to the firewall under the carpet. I haven't yet made the needed hole and push the harness through rubber grommet that shrouds the harness as it goes out from driver side inside to the outside of the car. And for the passenger side I need to remove the blower motor cover to get the harness through since the HVAC structure is in the way. Then, once I've made sure of continuity, I can test the new lights without having to remove the existing ones just to make sure things work. Then it would be the bumper removal and swap. (If all goes well &#128514
Appreciate 0