Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by neejay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw doubles View Post
Taking back my comment on gas fumes from the breather. I was dumping fuel out of my low pressure sensor. Apparently I did not tighten it enough and it was literally streaming gas down my engine!

Fixed and VTT back on the car.

I was not smoking weed when I put it back together.
So you're saying you do NOT smell any fumes from the VTT breather?

I bought a $25 oil catch can from Amazon (per the install review of another member on here) and will be trying that and was curious about doing this mod too, after seeing your initial post. I'm shell-shocked from having to replace my PCV valve (tried just replacing the cap, but ended up having to replace the whole valve cover).
No fumes. False alarm on me, my bad. I was actually leaking fuel that coincidently got worse at the time of this install. In regards to this VTT breather, I caught up with the guys from BPM Sport and they said we don't need it and the the stock PCV is good enough. I mentioned even under high boost and they said the yeah. So there ya go. I'm keeping mine on for now.

In regards to the just replacing the cap. I also learned from BPM to replace the whole valve cover if your replacing the valve cover seal or the PCV diaphragm. They mentioned that they've seen the VC seal in need of replacement in under a year of repairing it. This happened to me and they mention the plastic cover warps anywhere from 1-2mm enough to never seat correctly again. So I'll be doing my OFHG and VC seals once more this year.
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0