View Single Post
      03-02-2020, 01:56 PM   #33
cmcacmca75
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i XDrive

535i Xdrive, MHD Stage 2, JB4, Pure Stage 2 Turbo, Customized Turbo intake (3" to 2.5" O.D.), stock turbo outlet to intercooler, VRSF Chargepipe, stock intercooler output lower chargepipe riser. The initial IAT was lower around 40, but as the engine heated up, so did MY IAT.

These are very tight behind the radiator and rear fan shroud. It's not a restriction in flow. I meet my DME load requirements, it just sits behind a very hot radiator, unlike the 335i's that have them in front of the radiator.

I don't think BMW thought people would really be using this car for performance and it's an easier location for the intercooler. It would be nice if they had a short and slightly thick radiator to exposed more of the intercooler. The lower part of the shroud blocks the lower extended bottom of the intercooler, so I have to cut and reshape it so air would flow through that lower section.

If I park the car, the IAT will be much higher when I return from sitting basically in the engine compartment behind the radiator (with 200F water).

Last edited by cmcacmca75; 03-02-2020 at 02:08 PM..
Appreciate 0