View Single Post
      03-04-2020, 08:02 AM   #35
cmcacmca75
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i XDrive

tune is one problem, but I don't think related at this point. I am also working with Pureboost in Germany on a PS2 tune.

I have to install my catless downpipe (hopefully tonight) to see if my spool and boost rate increase (with a new O2). I want to make sure with this that my AFR is accurate and I am not running to lean/hot. If my cat is too restrictive, I may be creating too much heat with little flow.

I made a mistake about the radiator...it's the condenser (which I have the A/C off anyway...I wish they had a shorter condenser).

I noticed something weird recently. My IAT when I first start up the car is about 13 degrees higher. I had put in a new N20 (3.5) and I have the PS3 TMAP vacuum adapter for an analog boost gauge, which actually pulls the TMAP sensor out of the flow of the chargepipe and into the adapter. I really don't like that, but I want to monitor the actual boost while tuning. I may have to re-install my original, since I am no where near 20 PSI with the current setup. I think when I was running straight MHD )setting it for a N20 TMAP, it was more accurate then the JB4 Setting of a N20 TMAP. When I ran the MHD alone, I completely remove the JB4 harness. When I connect the JB4 backup over the MHD, I only set the N20 in the JB4...not in the MHD also.

MHD map 0 is ok, because you need this at least, so you can load the JB4 backend, but jb4 is an additive piggy-back system. I will be installing a water methanol kit also this weekend and I want to use the JB4 safety features. This is a good way to add to any DME tune.
Appreciate 0