View Single Post
      03-13-2020, 02:03 PM   #1
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i Xdrive

N55 lean codes

Having an issue with my 2013 N55. I'll give a bit of background.

I started having slight jerks during idle and driving. A single jerk or stutter here and there. Took car into bmw and had them change plugs. Car was still having issues but no codes yet. Then i finally got a code stating misfire on Cyl 3. Changed all the coils and still having issues. Swapped the plugs and coils and still having misfires on Cyl3 and Cyl6. Next course of action, changed out all the fuel injectors. i should mention that i originally had EU5 injectors on the car and i was told that since i'm changing ALL 6 injectors, that EU6 would work fine. And i should also mention that BEFORE the injectors were changed, i got misfire and lean codes. I also had the MAF replaced. The injectors were pressure tested and it all passed and not leaking. The HPFP was tested and is holding pressure properly. So all misfires are now gone but still stuck with Mixture control.
118001 -Mixture control: mixture too lean
11CF30 -Mixture control: Multiple fault

BMW diagnosed and pressure tested the system and found a minor leak on the valve cover so i had it replaced. They started the car and within minutes, lean code again. Tech is going to do a full reprogram on the car software to see if that solves it which i really doubt but worth a try.

Trying to get input from people to see what direction i can go now. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0