View Single Post
      05-18-2020, 10:12 AM   #8
AlexRF10
Rep
Drives: BMW 535IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmailusa View Post
Hello everyone,
Decided to continue in the existing thread.
535 Xi ~70k miles
Same issue:
Ticking/clicking noise on turn somewhere around right front wheel. Happens when I turn the steering wheel to the right more than 180 degrees. Around 2 clicks per wheel rotation cycle.
Also, I have very short random squeacking noises upon slow pass over speed bump/pulling from driveway with turned wheels.

Was trying to diagnose those issues in indie shop. They didn't really find anything: squeaks are from old bushings, suspension seems to be tight. The ticking noise not obvious, yet they believe the issue is in CV/axle.

I still have 1 month of extended drivetrain warranty. Really want to fix it till expiration. Just want to hear your opinions guys.
Thanks!
Check your strut mounts. I had similar issue going over bumps. All my suspension looked solid still which is very impressive for the age. All the BMW dealer did was re-torque one of the mounts and the noise went away. Be specific to the dealer about checking the mounts so they don't up charge you. When I took the car in I told them to fix a warranty item and check the mount first. They "inspected" everything else first and the mount last and charged me a few hours of labor for diagnostics, so be carful.
Appreciate 1