12-27-2020, 02:24 AM   #65
EvntHrzn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalexl View Post
What do you think from Navifly 12.3 vs original profissional screen? And about 10" Android screen?
The poput 12.3 makes any kind of plastics noise?
Can't speak to the Navifly, as I bought through AVIN(USA). As far as the plastic noises, that is one of my pet peeves, ANY kind of rattle, squeak, or creek in my car. I took all my doors apart and lubricated any part that rubbed against another with Shin-Etsu to eliminate 90% of random noises while driving. Now the only creeks I get are due to temperature variances when it's really cold or hot, which are hard to pin down and avoid.

As to your actual question: I put some Shin-Etsu on the contact points between the bracket and car, and the sliding points on the bracket and screen. I haven't had much in the way of noises since I've had the unit installed.

I know this is likely over the top, but that's what happens when you have OCD. Sometimes though, it's a good thing to have. I also put some very thin foam strips under the screen itself, because in my car, it actually rests on the trim when it's fully snapped into place. And I didn't want it making noise or scratching the trim.

Can't say if the unit would be making noises had I not taken these measures. But perhaps you can implement some of these things preemptively so you don't have any either.

FYI: I've been using Shin-Etsu (it's just a well formulated silicone paste) since I used to drive a Honda, this stuff is good for lubricating pretty much anything, despite it being marketed for the rubber weather seals. I wouldn't use it on metal to metal contact points though (like in a sunroof).
Appreciate 0