View Single Post
      09-11-2021, 03:26 AM   #15
mickeyvalentine
Otaku
Rep
Drives: 2016 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spielnicht View Post
FYI. If you're just replacing the discs and pads, you only need to do a manual brake fluid flush. If you do end up replacing the brake lines as well, then no way around it you will need to do manual flush then run the ISTA DSC bleeding procedure. The pedal won't be the same without the latter. Trust me, I just went through it.
This is exactly why I want the software for that just in case moment if I make a mistake or just plain ole do a stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spielnicht View Post
Manual procedure can be done without Motive Power bleeder (but highly recommended). The ISTA procedure requires it. It's one of those investments that you will definitely reuse over and over (at min every 2 years).

Get the upgraded version with the aluminum cap and make sure to flush the power bleeder and lines with denatured alcohol before storage. Forgot to do that one year and had the line explode on me under pressure. Not fun cleaning brake fluid all over the engine bay. Lol.
Oh man!! Thanks for letting me know. If there is one thing I don't want is brake fluid exploding. Stuff will strip paint like toilet paper. I should have gotten the aluminium adapter version but that wouldn't have arrived in time. I think I can buy it separately in the future.

2016 LCI 550i Glacier Silber

Appreciate 0