View Single Post
      09-18-2021, 09:35 PM   #16
hasanbicer
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 535i

Clicking noise due to loose brake pads

Hello all,
I had the same problem with my E90 and F10.
They were making a kind of clicking noice when hit the brake. I found the problem. in both cars, problem was loose brake pads. Brake pads were able to move up and down because the space between the pad teeth are little larger than than caliper. So it was sticking to rotor move up and hit the caliper and it makes a clicking noise. So I bend a piece of thin metal and put it down side of the brake pads. after that it was not able to move up and down then problem solved.
No more clicking noise when you hit the brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodchip View Post
My '11 535i does this:
When I change gear "drive to reverse, or vice versa), the first time I apply the brakes, I get two or three short, but very audible "clicks" coming from the brakes. It only happens the first time I apply the brakes, but it happens every time I change direction.
So, I back out of my garage, apply the brakes, and hear "click click click". I back onto the street, drive to the first stop sign, apply the brakes and hear "click click". I back into my stall at work, and as I apply the brakes, "click click".

I have taken it into the dealer a couple of times. The first time, they did something to the way the brake pads were seated, or some such thing. The noise went away for a while, but came back. So I took it in again, and after much fussing, they declared this annoying sound "normal". Their basis for this determination was that they took another brand new 535 out on a short road test and heard the same noise.

Am I the only one?
Appreciate 0