View Single Post
      10-07-2022, 07:18 PM   #1
alapoint
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 550i

N63tu built engine

Went to a shop today to sort out some minor issues with my car that i created with an intake system. Ended up chatting for awhile about the engine builds he does and obviously the one im keen on is his N63 rebuilds. He basically only works on BMW's and has successfully rebuilt over two dozen N63 engines completely, including his own that he daily drives. Also has his own turbo rebuild kits and comes with a 1 year warranty on all his work. According to him, runs better than factory and more reliable.

Apparently, he bores and sleeves the pistons then builds the bottoms with Carillo cranks, rods and pistons. The top half is all S63 parts though. His Frankenstein engine is rated to handle 1200hp. His rebuilds only put out 750ish and im not sure if thats M5 turbos or the rebuilt N63 turbos. Keeps it rated at 750ish as to not tear apart the clutch, tranny and diffs. Even the fuel pumps are upgraded M5. Package including turbos runs $12,000. Considering a new engine runs well north of that, id say its not a bad price.

Also, he said swap my oil to Liquimolly 10W60.l ASAP!! Should I?

Not sure of the finer details but wanted to hear thoughts and opinions.
Appreciate 0