OrcaPod
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW F10 528i N52 engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwar1995 View Post
Hello everyone,

We then suspected the sway bar end links to be the issue so we ordered those made by LEMFORDER. after installation the steering felt really nice and tighter than before but the noise was still present and very noticable.

Then we suspected a loose bolt from the previous jobs so we went checking every nut and bolt we can lay eyes on from underneath the car with an impact gun trying to find one that is loose but every one seemed to be tight. After that I test drove the car but still the noise is present.

Anyone has any experience of something similar to this and can help out? Thanks alot in advance!
i had a clunking noise at my front right when i replaced front struts/springs/sway bar links on my f10 528i RWD. It would disappear and then appear again.
the issue was with a nut getting loose on sway bar link on right side.
somehow it was getting loose and the only way to stop it was to install a second nut on top of it.
also i suggest to use wrench rather than impact gun to make sure that everything is tight and torqued according to the specs

make sure when you tighten sway bar links that your car is in "road height condition". i lowered it to the ground and crawled underneath to tighten sway bar links. (alternatively you can try to jack the wheels up but it might not give full road condition as cars weight will still be on jack stands.

my 2nd guess would be wheel dust shields sometimes they are getting bent/become rusty and touch suspension parts when turning. perhaps worth checking as well
Appreciate 0