Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpina B6, 2015 535i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwar1995 View Post
Update:

Turns out the main source of my vibration is TIRES!

Even though I installed new tires recently but it seems like it was either a bad batch or not original/resurfaced. I found out the hard way that here in my country we have a huge problem or getting old tires that have been re-treaded or reskined unofficially and most probably that was my case. I had NEXEN tires when I had the vibration and I bought them from a small shop near town. After the whole ordeal I went to contact the official supplier of NEXEN tires in my region to discuss the issue and they said they do NOT distribute tires to the shop that I bought from and they informed me about this scam that is on the rise here. Anyway I went to install new KUMHO tires only this time from the official supplier and the vibration was 95% gone! Note that NEXEN tires and KUMHO tires that I have used were both NON-runflat tires.

Now I am only left with a very very slight vibration only from 120-135kmph (75-85mph). Hopefully the search doesnt take long!
Great to hear it was a simple fix! Unfortunately these cars seem to be picky about having perfect tires and perfect wheel balancing.

I was fighting trying to figure out the same issue on my 5 series, and a combination of suspension components, rebalancing at a different shop, and new tires made a night and day difference for me.

I’m now working on getting the vibration out of my 6 series. Getting tires today. Hoping that helps on this car.

Apparently the previous owner had bent wheels driving over rough roads, potholes, etc. and installed new tires on them without straightening them. According to both my usual tire guy and a BMW dealership, this caused the tires to go out of round. The issue was still present after i had the wheels straightened. So new tires will hopefully solve most of the vibration.
Appreciate 0