View Single Post
      03-03-2024, 10:00 AM   #221
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxik View Post
i just want teams that I personally like to put legitimate pressure on him, like McLaren.
Then they have to try harder, and really put their back into it.
Since the cost cap, pretty much every team has the same amount of money, the same resources.
In fact, McLaren has a brand new, state of the art wind tunnel (same goes for MERC, and AMR uses the MERC tunnel), whereas RB uses a wind tunnel that's over 70 years(!) old, built just after WWII
(RB is waiting endlessly on new permits of local government to build their new tunnel...)
So it really is the result of having a better team, a better driver and engineers that are smarter.
Not the result of having more money and better gadgets/resources. And it's not like Mclaren has an underpowered engine; the mercedes engine is one of the best (only the alpine engine is an underperformer, the rest ps pretty much equal)
And of course RB has less development time in both the wind tunnel as in cfd simulations because they won last year.
So taking all this into account, and that RB can win like they did....then they very well deserved it!
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61854.00