03-11-2024, 06:57 AM   #12
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy27 View Post
in Esys, if you select DSC for FDL coding, you will see a parameter for Bremsattle Vorne. Under it should be the multiple options/Sizes of the brakes. You can also see what it is currently set to. Change it to the size you have installed and FDL code the DSC. That should be all that's needed.
Curious - as a person who has always been underwhelmed by the way BMW chooses to make brakes on non-M 5-series cars feel (too soft, too much pedal travel despite there being a significant amount of braking power available) I'm curious - what happens if I make some changes to these coding settings without changing the brake parts? Will this screw up the F/R brake balance? Or might I get better brake feel from the brakes I already have?

I've read similar threads for the F30 where they have several different braking setups available from the factory as options. Folks install fancy new 4-pot or 6-pot caliper setups and feel no difference. Code it for those calipers and they feel amazing. What happens if you just code it for the sportier configuration? If much-improved brakes feel the same until coded, would coding make the same brakes feel better?
Appreciate 0