United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535i M Sport

Garage List
2015 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2015 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHAELKNIGHT View Post
Exactly what my car does! I just found out that my car has the original battery from 2014! I'm going to start there first and replace the battery. But I also noticed the Comfort Access on left front door does not work but car will lock with remote
It does amaze me how long these AGM batteries combined with the BMW IBS smart charging are able to last. Mine is 9+ years old as well. I monitor the state of charge and state of health frequently and values are good. It has been on my PM list of things to change out for a long time.

If you are getting an Increased Discharge While Stopped message then it's more likely that you have a power draw somewhere that is preventing a module from going to sleep. A code reader should dial you in where that is occuring. (At least it did on mine when it was a CA handle). Of course, it could be an aging battery too and swapping out a 9 year old battery is always a good idea, imo.

Check out OE Batteries from your local BMW Dealer Parts Department. I was surprised at how competitively priced my local Dealer offers the 105 Ah AGM battery. After my experience with this battery, I'll stick with Genuine BMW Batteries.

Also, many of the aftermarkets on the H9 size are not rated for 105 Ah so it's something to watch for but by no means a deal breaker.

Good Luck!!!
Appreciate 0