04-26-2010, 03:57 AM   #148
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorban View Post
The Swedish edition of Auto Motor & Sports just made a test between a 523i E60 with 16" wheels non-RFT and a 523i F10 with 18" runflats. The F10 had normal suspension without VDC and the standard autobox without Dynamic Driving Control.

The overall verdict was that the E60 has a tigther suspension that gives more feedback on twisty roads. But overall, the standard suspension on the F10 was far better than the E60, especially when it comes to comfort on bad roads. The steering in the F10 was considered more harmonius and didn't require constant corrections at higher speeds as in the E60. So no complaints on the F10 with 18" RFT's and standard suspension.

The same magazine has already published a test of a 530d with all the extras. They state that they are now sure that it's not the goodies that makes the car and that also a more standard spec F10 is a wonderful car to drive.
My I suggest you try the F10 with standard suspension and the largest of rims, I have and in my opinion I wouldn't ever consider such a setup without the VDC.
Appreciate 0