07-16-2010, 05:39 PM   #16
bdardashti
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpwr View Post
hmmm, on bmw.ca there's no such option.... says USD audio is standard, any Canadians can chime in ?
Yes USB is standard in Canada. It should have the Y cable in it. I know in Canada after 2008 we have had Y Cable included when we ordered USB or a package with USB standard. From 2010 onwards when it became standard on most cars, I'm not sure if they are still including Y cable. I think it will.

One idea: I THINK it's possible that the F10 already comes with the September-2010 iDrive/USB changes. Reason?

1. I remember I read somewhere (in the press release I think) of the F10 that it included A2DP Bluetooth music streaming.
2. Member Lukeswarm (UK) said in his test drive of the F10, he saw album art on the iDrive and the car read his emails. Both of these are features outlined in the September 2010 changes.

If this is true, then it's safe to assume that the F10 already comes with these changes. And if that's the case, then it no longer needs a Y cable; a standard iPod USB cable is all that's needed.
Appreciate 0