08-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #12
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
That is also my situation, highland roads need a good suspension system to drive well.

I'm minded for Adaptive Drive and Sport Auto. I use Grassick's at Perth and Colin Grassick believes I'll need Adaptive Drive to be happy with the ride quality. Just need to be sure the selected wheel size gets the best out of the RFTs. 18" or 19"? Still not sure which will work better on roads like the A82.

HighlandPete
Many thanks for your replies; we obviously drive on similar roads, except that mine are a bit further north than yours.
It sounds as if you're getting more product knowledge from your dealer than I am from mine; but, no names - no pack drill
I'm feeling increasingly inclined toward the Adaptive Drive and I'll have a go with the 18's for starters.
I love my E92, but there are times when the 19's and M Sport suspension are a bit of a handful if you just want to admire the scenery.
The 530d SE I drove today was on 17's and I was seriously impressed - I had a good couple of hours and really went for it on some very twisty and uneven roads in torrential rain to boot! Certainly a great deal more roll and pitch than the E92, but very controllable at all times and significantly more comfortable.
I reckon the Adaptive Drive with 18's will be a good compromise - there you go, looks like I've just talked myself out of £2,310
Appreciate 0