View Single Post
      08-18-2010, 08:23 AM   #33
bm323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 12.2 E92 M3 ZCP; 12.7 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
That is my understanding as well, (from BMW data, descriptions and user manual), DDC (Drive Dynamic Control) when fitted, whatever the combination of the other options, (2TB, 223, 2VH, 2VA, etc) allows steering and throttle tuning.

As an example, if you opt for VDC (223) only, in a manual car you get DDC and can configure/fine tune throttle and steering in i-Drive. Along with the obvious toggle switching.

HighlandPete
My understanding is that the DDC will only adjust the chassis or drivetrain only (ie not steering) if the F10 has VDC or adaptive drive without the 8 speed sport auto transmission. DDC with the 8 speed sport auto transmission will then affect the steering.

-speed sports automatic
transmission Steptronic, with
sports mode for a particularly sporty
drive and shift paddles on the sports
leather steering wheel.
-Dynamic Driving Control allows
the driver to select Normal or Sports
mode at the push of a button. Comfort
Mode in conjunction with Adaptive
Drive or Dynamic Damping Control

http://f10.5post.com/goodiesforyou/f10-catalog.pdf pg 17/31

On a different note, the F10 with DDC but without VDC or adaptive drive will not affect the chassis even though the screen shows the chassis as it has the software but not the hardware. The DDC alone does not mean that the chassis or steering can be adjusted, does it?

The manual appears to state that the DDC button alone will adjust the chassis and suspension and our understanding is that this is not the case unless it has adaptive drive or VDC http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Owner/dgh.aspx manual for the 535i at pg 99. The manual's reference may be to DDC with adaptive drive/VDC as this is mentioned in the earlier portion of the manual at pg97 referring to pg 99.

Last edited by bm323; 08-18-2010 at 08:36 AM..
Appreciate 0