09-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #103
bdardashti
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Hey ExAudi and bdardashti, how are you confirming this? Anybody I get on the phone at BMWNA seems clueless and tells me to talk to my CA. My CA seems unable to give me any confirmation. Please tell me how you are confirming the combox is in your week 36 cars? My car went 153 "Assemblmbly Started" this morning...
I got the car's VIN and production number from my CA, called BMW Canada (BMWNA didn't have access to my car since it was a Canadian order), and based on the VIN they told me the car has "6VC Combox Controller." The lady on the phone, although attempting be helpful, was clueless as well. I just told her to look for a line called 6VC on the order, and she said it says "6VC Combox Controller" I confirmed with her that it did not say Blocked in front of it. And my dealer's Sales Manager and/or (not sure) General Manager is contacting their BMW Canada regional sales manager to get confirmation. But he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellmat View Post
Hi, I have a 530 with Pro Sat-Nav etc, built in April 2010....do you know what the difference is between existing connect drive and the "new" version?
- Single-wire USB connection to iPod/iPhone
- Blackberry "office" functionality to download calendar, email, sms to car. may come to other phones in future
- Cover art for iPod/iPhone
- Bluetooth music streaming
Appreciate 0