10-25-2010, 10:11 AM   #79
BimmerGuyFL
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 BMW 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
From the posts I'm sensing the steering is worse on 18" wheels. This is my own expereince, the two cars with 19" wheels were much better. One had the sport auto, the steering was superb in the sport setting, the other with Adaptive Drive and standard auto was good, but didn't tighten up the same in sport, as the one with sport auto. The two cars with 18" wheels, 530d and 520d touring had steering which needed correcting, and/or was vague around mid position.

To me this wheel size issue (if we can prove it) is not a new problem. E90/1 cars had similar problems, at least in the early days. 17" wheels seemed to show more issues with lack of straight line precision and vagueness, than running 18" wheel sets. Still believe wheels/tyres are part of the problem.

HighlandPete
I disagree, I had a 2008 E92 335i with sports and had all types of issues with pulling and steering, even had new tires and MANY alignment's done. I now just got a 2010 328i E90 Sports and it is day and night. The 328i tracks perectly straight and no pulling. the 335i had 18" and the 328i has 17".
2013 F10 BMW 535i Alpine White / Oyster Dakota Leather / Anthracite Wood Trim / Steptronic transmission / M Sport Package / Premium Package / Technology Package / Rear-view camera / Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0