sois
MasterDebater
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e90 M3, '11 MCS

Putting a vote in for no more CAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
this has to be one of the most outlandish posts i've ever seen on this forum. so essentially you think that a customer shouldn't come armed to the teeth with all the information at their disposal? they should ignore it? if the car business wasn't profitable, then neither you nor your dealership should be in it. you don't see people like david avilles, who charges less than 500 over invoice per car on an ED (with a lot more paperwork and hassle than a normal deal) complaining at all do you? In fact, because of his no haggle system, he probably puts in 30 deals a month.

A consumer's job is to get the lowest price possible, everything else being equal. That simple.

- esquire
Car industry does get a bad rap for sure, not exactly sure why Perhaps we can do without the car salesperson (CA) altogether. Just end it once and for all. A menu of options with whole-sale pricing and a negotiable profit margin. Done. I build, make an offer, BMW says nope, try again... I up it a bit, it tells me "ok, that's fair - sold! Pick it up next month." Can be done by text, email or at station at the nearby showroom. BMW can set up simpler showrooms with each model on display and keeners paid by the hour to field questions/organize test drives. Nice easy summer job for students or for retired enthusiasts. That's it that's all - no more being hosed down in B.S.

Ok, let me have it
Appreciate 0