12-13-2016, 12:01 PM   #67
535_BiTurbo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550I - BMS Stg 1 & CAI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raza@RKautowerks View Post
Dinan - has increased flow and decrease pumping loss by introducing another access point for air, this is very good but limiting because the stock airbox is still the weakest link. Dinan can't put a filter up front and redo the entire system because they are a BMW reseller. So they have design constraints.

N63Intakes- These intakes use aluminum inlets for the maf, i question how the maf reading is correct, the inlets of the intakes are not 3" nor are they 3.5" equivalent. So how they are getting the flow reading to be correct is a mystery. Our system retains the stock maf sizing to not tamper with the maf reading. Our design has enlarged the entire system, sometimes equal to 4" of diameter. N63intakes are 3" all the way. We've also introduced form fitting and make sure everything is contoured to the chassis and within design constraints, not selling someone a simple 45 elbow with a maf port and off the shelf filter.

My engineering mind says that if we were able to pickup 25-35whp on the f10 m5 system which is much less restrictive, there's no reason to not expect something like that on the 550i system which is much more restrictive do to the design nature.

-R
I never knew this! I cant wait to see your design
Appreciate 0