03-05-2017, 10:51 AM   #10
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple3 View Post
I'm in the same boat you are. Between the wife and I we have 2 other cars. She has her weekend car a Mazda CX-5 and a company car a Ford Focus. I have my 550i and a daily Protege5.

I have owned the 550i for over 2 years now and not 1 hiccup engine wise and just recently I was due for the oil change (I put around 5k miles a year as well). The ONLY repair I've had to make is the trunk spring went out..

We have the luxury of babying our cars while others dont. Drive the hell out of her and enjoy! You will read horror stories here but these things haven't happened to everyone but it does give you something to check for every once in a while like coolant leaks etc..

We get to live the dichotomy of cars. I daily a cheap ass slow car with 0 refinement that makes every noise a ghetto car can at one point or another and when I hop in the 550i she always brings a smile to my face with the speed and luxury.
Yeah I work from home so I just don't drive much at all. My gf drives her Ford Cmax to work because she only has to put gas in it like maybe once a month. My "regular" car if you will is a 2016 Camaro SS which I love but it's not very practical since it's basically a 2 seater. So the 550i will basically just be our around town/road trip car.

I got to take it out on the highway yesterday and I love it. Only issue I have is I guess previous owner got a flat and saw those RFT prices and said hell no. Put some Nexen pos tire on the driver side rear and I can totally feel it at higher speeds. Debating if I will replace that one with another Bridgestone RFT or just swap them all out for none RFT and sell the ones on the car since they still have decent meat on them.

Also found out car doesn't have comfort access which is ridiculous for a car that was probably over 60k new. Even my gf cmax has it. However for what I paid for it I can live without it.
Appreciate 0