Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hova00
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWF10 View Post
My new wheels are made for the f10 and the wheel company said its custom so should not need hub rings. My car is also not lowered yet. Didn't notice any vibrations with the stock sport 19" rims and Michelin run flats. I will try get them balanced again and will double check to make sure I don't need hub rings. Could it be due to the use of OEM lug bolts?

Thats what i was told on 4 seperate occasions. "Yes the wheels are hub centric" Well they werent and even .5mm of a difference will have your steering wheel shaking. I couldnt believe it either.

OEM lug bolts have nothing to do with it and iam 99.9% sure that your wheels are in fact not hub centric even though they are supposed to be and that is why you had your wheels balanced twice and still have vibration issues. You can try that route again and you will end up with the same results.

Just trying to help because i went through this same thing since 2008 and spent alot of money on Road Force balances and different wheels which all ended up doing the same exact thing. Now that i know the real reason and got hub centric rings for wheels that werent supposed to need them all my vibration issues are a thing of the past and the car is super smooth no matter what.
So 72.56mm is stock? If my rims do require it, where do you recommend buying them from? Metal or plastic ones? Thanks!
Appreciate 0